Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Say What?!?!

Only from the mouths of babes...

-In church last week at my niece's baby dedication...
Me: "Gavin, do you want to say a prayer.  You know, send a message to God?"
Gavin: "I like Dirty Deeds!"

-When trying on some maternity skinny jeans (isn't that an oxymoron?) handed down from a neighbor...
Garrett: "Nice try, Mama!" 

-With regards to potty training...
Me: "Gavin, now that you're a big boy we're going to practice using the potty!"
Gavin: "I am a big boy when I'm 10."  (potty training to be resumed at a later date...)

-At dinner last week...
Me: "How much do you love Daddy?"
Garrett: "This much!" with arms wide open.
Me: "How much do you love Mommy?"
Garrett: "This much." with eyes squinting and fingers about a centimeter apart.

-A daily occurrence when trying to get Gavin to follow any simple command...
Me: "Gavin, please xxx (pick up your shoes, let me change your diaper, come inside, etc, etc.)..."
Gavin: no response, continues said activity
Me: "Gavin, please xxx (pick up your shoes, let me change your diaper, come inside, etc, etc.)..."
Gavin: no response, continues said activity
Me: "Gavin, please xxx (pick up your shoes, let me change your diaper, come inside, etc, etc.)..."
Gavin: no response, continues said activity
Me: "Gavin, I've asked you three times nicely to xxx.  If I have to say it again I'm going to feel very frustrated!"
Gavin: "Oh!  You talkin' to meeeeee?" 



No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!