Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Very Happy Birthday to Me

Call me lame, simple, easy to please...but on the day I turn 32 these are the things that have made me happy today:
There's something about seeing your own special day in print:)  Nerd.
-Coffee in a quiet house while watching the TODAY show as they announce, "This is today, Wednesday, June 13, 2012."

-Listening to my dad's voice mail as he sung into the phone before 6:15am this morning.  I inherited his tone-deafness so I can appreciate his lack of talent even more.  I still have his message from my 30th birthday saved.  When a pick-me-up is needed I play it.  Seriously.

-By 9:00am the laundry was folded, the downstairs was vacuumed, the kitchen was cleaned, the boys were fed, and my gym clothes were on.  Thank you boys for playing so nicely; thank you Joe for helping out.

-When we checked in at the gym the computer played 'Happy Birthday' and Gavin walked into the play area without looking back.  Garrett wasn't such an easy sell, but ended up doing just fine by the time I returned.

-Zumba continues to prove to me what my students told me years ago, "White girls don't got rhythm."  

-But I needed that workout because tonight a fancy dinner date is in store.  Thank you Oma and Opa for babysitting.  Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the gift card.

-Joe met us for lunch at Chick Fil A where the highlight of our lunch date was going to the bathroom ALONE spending time as a family in the middle of the day.  The cookie I enjoyed for dessert was pretty nice too.

-LOADS of Facebook messages.  If social networking is good for nothing else, it can make a girl feel like a million bucks for turning one year older!  Thank you for the happy thoughts.

-Receiving hand addressed mail to me...I love a good birthday card and displaying them on the mantle.

-Yesterday sweet Parker sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  I wish I'd recorded it.  This morning the boys have been saying "Happy!" and practicing how to say "thirty-two."  "Young," which they already know how to say, works just fine too.  You should ask them how old their daddy is...."Old," they say.  Priceless.

-In addition to tonight's dinner treat, there's dinner with my parents tomorrow, a lunch date with running buddy Dan on Friday, and brunch with the girls on Saturday.

Treats all around!  Love love love.  And thank you:)

Kaiserslautern, Germany - June 13, 1981

1 comment:

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!