Monday, February 6, 2012

Craftastic - No Sew Fleece Blanket

When I was in the hospital on bed rest before the boys' arrival a former co-worker and her daughter made the cutest blankets as a special gift for us.  These blankets were well used over the next year and will certainly be pulled out again to serve as super hero capes and for future fort-making.  I saw the same idea displayed in Hobby Lobby last week, so I decided to give it a go for my latest craft project.  It was perfectly timed since I had to find a baby shower gift anyway and what better to give than something made by yours truly!  Too bad I couldn't attend the shower, but I'm hoping the mom-to-be and her baby girl on the way enjoy their snugly blanket as much as we did!

We did a lot of tummy time on this blanket!  Here the boys are 'talking' for the first time to each other.
I did a little Google searching and this site had the easiest directions with some how-to photos.  After everyone went to bed the other night I clicked on my favorite Wednesday night show, made some tea, and in one hour was finished!  Super easy and perfect for cuddling, reading, playing, and whatever else baby needs!

 




2 comments:

  1. You know how much I love this! Great fabric choices. I made Josh one of these in Steelers fabric when we were dating. I snuggle in it almost every night and it has survived YEARS worth of trips through the washing machine. Great gift idea as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric selections. Perfectly sweet and wild. Just what every baby girl needs.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!