Friday, February 17, 2012

Birthday Suits

The boys are celebrating their 2nd birthday this weekend and we're excited to celebrate with a few of their buddies!  Some of their friends, Ethan and Audrey, are having a birthday party too and all four kiddos will be sporting appliqued shirts made by yours truly.   
Three sets of twins born within a month of each other!  So thankful to have these families in our life.  From left to right: Bethany's sons - Connor, Hunter; Kate's kids - Ethan, Audrey; my boys - Gavin, Garrett 

I'd been searching for some inexpensive, cute shirts for the boys to wear, but to be honest, I'm cheap, and springing up to $40 for embroidered shirts with a '2' and a cute picture was just not in my budget.  After learning how to do no-sew appliques on bibs and onesies at a baby shower recently, the generous host sent me home with some spare prepped fabric scraps and I got to work.  My friend, Kate, was on the hunt for the same thing, so I offered to make Ethan and Audrey some shirts as well.  Nothing fancy, but we're pleased!  To find out how to make your own you can read my guest blog post on my friend Amy's site.


I know I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure these will be the cutest birthday suits around!

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see them all lined up on the bench in their birthday suits again this year!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!