Monday, January 9, 2012

Craftastic - Memo Boards, Candy Wreath, and Wall Letters

When the holiday bug bit last year it sent me running to Michael's, Ben Franklin, and Hobby Lobby.  It all started with my mom telling me she wanted a memo board to put on her desk to hold more of the boys' pictures.  And so it was decided that most of the women in my family would all be receiving the same thing for Christmas.  I can't say I ended up saving a ton of money by going the craft route instead of retail, but I enjoyed the process, didn't spend a fortune, and felt good about giving something made by yours truly.  With some leftover supplies I was even able to make one for my friend's twin girls.


My friend Amy (aka Martha Stewart) also inspired me to make this and shared her know-how here.
 

And while we're talking crafts, another fun gift idea has been making wall letters for baby nurseries!  A co-worker surprised me with letters to hang above the boys' cribs at my shower and I love, love, love them.  After some serious scrutinizing I figured to give it a try myself and my dear friends let me be their guinea pigs as they decorated rooms for their little girls.  Verdict?  Success!


Creating something is therapeutic.  It's rather mindless, let's me share part of myself, and allows me to show something for my efforts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!