Saturday, November 19, 2011

To Everything There is a Season...

I've heard some people equate change to loss, but I think change usually means opportunity/hope/new beginnings/time for redefining.  There is no doubt that there has been a lot of change around here in the last two years and it seems to have seeped into every facet of our lives...

Here it is almost December and I'm just now talking about the beautiful time of year when the leaves turn and the temps CHANGE.  But its beautiful fiery reds, burnt oranges, and bright yellows are everywhere and I can't help but take note.

 
 
*** 
Our house is over 60 years old and the window glazing was crumbling, wooden trim work was rotting, paint was chipping, and the new addition still sat unpainted.  It was time to address a few things we wished to CHANGE. 
before
after
***
The boys CHANGE daily.  They are like sponges soaking everything in.  In just 21 months I don't recognize the babies my boys used to be! 

 ***
I was tired of my drab, looks-like-I-didn't-shower ponytails, so it was time for a CHANGE...from long to chopped.
***
Perhaps my favorite CHANGE to talk and laugh about is that from 'loves-to-party-20 something' to 'would-rather-put-on-sweats-and-stay-at-home-with-my-kids-30 something.'  
Dancing on booths at Metro - Missy's Birthday, 2007
(1 marriage, 0 kids)
Chatting around a table at Metro - Girls' Night, 2011
(4 marriages, 6 kids)

I'd say change is good.  It's growth.  And nothing is permanent...just a time for every purpose under the sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Thanks for visiting!